PM Laptop Scheme 2023 Open | Prime Minister’s Laptop Scheme Phase-III:
PM Laptop Scheme 2023 Open | Prime Minister’s Laptop Scheme Phase-III Is open again for all Pakistani Students Studying in different Universities. PM Laptop Scheme Introduction to Phase-III (2022-23) is The Honorable Prime Minister of Pakistan announced that government will provide laptops to talented students. The project aims to give opportunities in the form of laptops to young and talented students studying in public sector Higher Education Institutes (HEIs) across the country and Azad Jammu & Kashmir. The project has been approved by ECNEC, as the Prime Minister Youth Laptop Scheme (PMYLS) Phase-III. In this regard, 100,000 laptops would be awarded to talented students on merit through an online transparent system. In the past, two such schemes have been successfully executed by the Higher Education Commission. Also Check: King Fahd University Scholarship 2023 in Saudi Arabia Fully Funded
Objectives of PM Laptop Scheme 2023:
- Bringing improvement in the quality of science and technology education, including ICT.
- Developing partnerships between industries and their education & training providers.
- Enabling smart campuses to facilitate instant networking and an improved learning environment.
- Boost productivity and value addition in the manufacturing sector.
- To ensure the potential of IT is fully used for benefiting the education sector.
- Increase productivity and efficiency by providing advanced IT technologies.
Contours aligned with the Vision:
- Computers are identified as one of the drivers of future development.
- Helping in achieving the digitization of every school, college, and university.
- Chipping in with the major component (i.e., devices) in the concept of Smart Campus Systems.
- Helping in exploiting the full potential of IT benefiting the education sector.
The scheme is envisioned to promote outreach of youth to information and communication technologies (ICTs) to bridge the digital divide not only within the higher education sector but across other sectors as well, and to the communities throughout the country.
Join Our WhatsApp Group if You not Joined it Already
Official Newspaper advertisement of PM Laptop Scheme:
Eligibility Criteria for PM Laptop Scheme 2023:
Students enrolled not earlier than their respective program duration as per the table below:
- The applicant must have a valid CNIC/ B-Form number.
- Must be a valid student as of the closing date for application submission i.e., 30th Jun 2023
|Degree Name||Duration||Date of Admission ( Greater than or After )||End Date|
|MS/ MPhil or Equivalent||2 Years||30-Jun-21||30-Jun-23|
|Masters (16 years)||2 Years||30-Jun-21||30-Jun-23|
Students studying in public sector Universities/ Degree Awarding Institutes duly recognized by HEC (Except Distance learning).
- Students enrolled in PhD/ MS/ MPhil or equivalent 18-year program.
- Students enrolled in a 4-year or 5-year bachelor’s degree program (morning and evening).
- Students enrolled in MBA Program (3.5 years, 2.5 years, and 1.5 years).
Ineligible Candidates for Application:
The following students will NOT be eligible for laptops under this scheme:
- Students enrolled at any private sector higher education institute (HEI).
- Students who have already received a laptop under any Federal or Provincial Government scheme.
- Foreign nationals, except students from AJK.
- If any student has not applied online or his/her application has not been received through an online portal.
- The eligibility for the laptop award will also be determined at the time of distribution. If student(s) failed to produce the required documents and proof of academic performance, against the data which made him/ her qualified for a laptop, he/ she shall not be awarded a laptop.
- Any selected student who passed out the degree program prior to laptop distribution.
Distribution Strategy/Selection Criteria:
- Once the student has applied online (before the deadline) through the HEC online portal. Then the System can filter eligible and ineligible students accordingly.
- The Focal Person of the relevant department will verify the student’s data through their online focal person account, specifically, Name, CNIC, Department, Degree Level, Last exam percentage/ CGPA, etc.
- The sole responsibility of the verification rests with the University Focal Person.
- Any discrepancy found in student data then it will be amended accordingly by updating/ editing student data after obtaining student records from the Institute or from the student themselves.
- The focal person, upon the nature of the application, can disapprove or verify the student or make the correction within the given timeline.
- Each Institute will be given its share of laptops based on a predefined quote as outlined in eligibility and merit criteria.
- Once the deadline for verification from HEC has expired the automated process will run on the System to generate merit lists for each University by HEC.
- Then HEC will share the provisional merit list among the institutes for their cross-check and institutes will cross-check to reply within 15 days.
- After the removal of the discrepancies from the provisional merit list -if any, then HEC will share the final merit list among the Institutes accordingly.
- Every Institute must display the final merit list on their Notice board, Website or Social Media page with a timeline for the distribution.
- Similarly, Final Merit Lists will be published on an online portal, where every student and the general public can view the merit status of each individual.
The distribution criteria have been defined as follows:
- Laptops will be purely distributed on a merit basis in each degree program i.e. (PhD, MS/M.Phil. and 16 Years of education)
- Share will be determined as per university enrollment and the laptops Quota for each degree program will be determined (i.e., University Quota, Campus Quota, Degree program Quota, Department Quota and Years wise distribution).
- As per PM office directives Balochistan HEI’s quota has been fixed i.e., 14% (14,000 Laptops) will be distributed in Balochistan HEI’s. (Note: – Students from Balochistan’s accredited universities would be accommodated under this allocated quota).
- The remaining 86,000 will be allocated among public sector HEIs in accordance with their enrollment preferences.
Guideline on how To Apply for PM Laptop Scheme 2023 Open | Prime Minister’s Laptop Scheme Phase-III
Students are advised to Apply Online by Registering or Updating Profiles at the following link of the Students’ Service Portal. (Students can apply through the web portal or through Mobile App).
List of Eligible Universities By HEC:
|Higher Education Commission (HEC) Prime Minister’s Youth Laptop Scheme Phase-III
Public Sector eligible HEI’s
|Region||Name of University|
|1||AJ&K||The University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad|
|2||AJ&K||Mirpur University of Science and Technology (MUST), Mirpur|
|3||AJ&K||The University of Poonch, Rawalakot, AJK|
|4||AJ&K||The Women University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Bagh|
|5||AJ&K||University of Kotli, AJK|
|6||Balochistan||Balochistan University of Engg & Technology, Khuzdar|
|7||Balochistan||Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering & Management Sciences,
|8||Balochistan||University of Balochistan, Quetta|
|9||Balochistan||Sardar Bahadur Khan Women’s University, Quetta|
|10||Balochistan||Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences, Uthal, District Lasbela|
|11||Balochistan||University of Turbat, Turbat|
|12||Balochistan||University of Loralai, Loralai|
|13||Balochistan||Bolan University of Medical and Health Sciences, Quetta|
|14||Balochistan||Mir Chakar Khan Rind University, Sibi|
|15||Balochistan||University of Gwadar|
|16||Federal||Bahria University, Islamabad|
|17||Federal||International Islamic University, Islamabad|
|18||Federal||National University of Modern Languages, (NUML) Islamabad|
|19||Federal||Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad|
|20||Federal||COMSATS University, Islamabad|
|21||Federal||National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Islamabad|
|22||Federal||Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS), Islamabad|
|23||Federal||Air University, Islamabad|
|24||Federal||Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad|
|25||Federal||National Defence University, Islamabad|
|26||Federal||Pakistan Institute of Development of Economics (PIDE), Islamabad|
|27||Federal||Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, (SZABMU), Islamabad|
|28||Federal||National University of Medical Sciences, Islamabad|
|29||Federal||National University of Technology (NUTECH), Islamabad|
|30||Federal||National Skills University, Islamabad|
|31||Federal||Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science & Technology, Karachi|
|32||Federal||Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design, Lahore|
|33||Federal||Health Services Academy (HSA) Islamabad|
|34||GB||Karakurum International University, Gilgit-Baltistan|
|35||GB||University of Baltistan, Skardu|
|Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan|
|Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women University, Peshawar|
|Gomal University, D.I. Khan|
|Hazara University, Mansehra|
|Institute of Management Sciences, (IM Sciences), Peshawar|
|The Islamia College, Peshawar|
|Khyber Medical University, Peshawar|
|Kohat University of Science and Technology, Kohat|
|The University of Agriculture, Peshawar|
|University of Engineering. & Technology, Peshawar|
|Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Sheringal, Dir Upper|
|University of Malakand, Malakand|
|University of Peshawar, Peshawar|
|University of Science & Technology, Bannu|
|University of Swat, Swat|
|University of Haripur, Haripur|
|Bacha Khan University, Charsadda|
|University of Swabi, Swabi|
|Khushal Khan Khattak University Karak|
|Women University, Swabi|
|Abbottabad University of Science and Technology (AUST), Abbottabad|
|Shuhada-e-Army Public School, University of Technology, Nowshera|
|Women University Mardan, Mardan|
|University of Engineering. & Technology, Mardan|
|The University of Lakki Marwat|
|University of Buner|
|University of Chitral, Chitral|
|Pak-Austria Fachhochschule Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology, Haripur|
|The University of Agriculture, D. I. Khan|
|University of FATA|
|66||Punjab||NFC Institute of Engineering and Technology, Multan|
|67||Punjab||National College of Arts (NCA), Lahore|
|68||Punjab||National Textile University, Faisalabad|
|69||Punjab||Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi|
|70||Punjab||Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi|
|71||Punjab||University of Engg. & Technology (UET) Taxila|
|72||Punjab||Rawalpindi Medical University, Rawalpindi|
|73||Punjab||Rawalpindi Women University, Rawalpindi|
|74||Punjab||Kohsar University, Murree|
|75||Punjab||Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan|
|76||Punjab||The Islamia University of Bahawalpur|
|77||Punjab||University of Agriculture (UAF), Faisalabad|
|78||Punjab||University of Engineering and Technology Lahore|
|79||Punjab||University of Education, Lahore|
|80||Punjab||University of the Punjab, Lahore|
|81||Punjab||University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore|
|82||Punjab||Government College University (GCU), Lahore|
|83||Punjab||Lahore College for Women University, Lahore|
|84||Punjab||University of Health Sciences, Lahore|
|85||Punjab||University of Sargodha, Sargodha|
|86||Punjab||Government College Women University, Faisalabad|
|87||Punjab||Kinnaird College for Women, Lahore|
|88||Punjab||University of Gujrat, Gujrat|
|89||Punjab||King Edward Medical University, Lahore|
|90||Punjab||Government College University, Faisalabad|
|91||Punjab||The Women University, Multan|
|92||Punjab||Muhammad Nawaz Shareef University of Agriculture, Multan|
|93||Punjab||Ghazi University, Dera Ghazi Khan|
|94||Punjab||Government College Women University, Sialkot|
|95||Punjab||Information Technology University of the Punjab, Lahore|
|96||Punjab||Khwaja Fareed University of Engineering and Information Technology, Rahim Yar Khan|
|97||Punjab||Government Sadiq College Women University, Bahawalpur|
|98||Punjab||Muhammad Nawaz Sharif University of Engineering & Technology, Multan|
|99||Punjab||Fatima Jinnah Medical University, Lahore|
|100||Punjab||Nishtar Medical University, Multan|
|101||Punjab||Punjab Tianjin University of Technology , Lahore|
|102||Punjab||University of Okara|
|103||Punjab||University of Sahiwal, Sahiwal|
|104||Punjab||Cholistan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Bahawalpur|
|105||Punjab||University of Narowal, Narowal|
|106||Punjab||Faisalabad Medical University, Faisalabad|
|107||Punjab||University of Home Economics, Lahore|
|108||Punjab||University of Mianwali, Mianwali|
|109||Punjab||University of Chakwal, Chakwal|
|110||Punjab||University of Jhang, Jhang|
|111||Punjab||Mir Chakar Khan Rind University of Technology, Dera Ghazi Khan|
|112||Punjab||Punjab University of Technology, Rasul-Mandi Bahauddin|
|113||Punjab||Emerson University, Multan|
|114||Sindh||Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences (LUMHS), Jamshoro|
|115||Sindh||Mehran University of Engg. & Technology, Jamshoro|
|116||Sindh||NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi|
|117||Sindh||Quaid-e-Awam University of Engineering, Science & Technology, Nawabshah|
|118||Sindh||Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur|
|119||Sindh||Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam|
|120||Sindh||University of Karachi, Karachi|
|121||Sindh||University of Sindh, Jamshoro|
|122||Sindh||Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi|
|123||Sindh||Institute of Business Administration, Karachi|
|125||Sindh||Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University (SMBBMU), Larkana|
|126||Sindh||Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University, Lyari, Karachi|
|127||Sindh||Peoples University of Medical & Health Sciences for Women, Shaheed Benazir Abad|
|128||Sindh||Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Shaheed Benazirabad (Nawabshah)|
|129||Sindh||Sindh Madressatul Islam University, Karachi|
|130||Sindh||Jinnah Sindh Medical University, Karachi|
|131||Sindh||Gambat Institute of Medical Sciences, Khairpur|
|132||Sindh||Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto University of Law, Karachi|
|133||Sindh||Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University of Veterinary And Animal Sciences, Sakrand|
|134||Sindh||Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University of Technology & Skill Development, Khairpur Mirs|
|135||Sindh||University of Sufism and Modern Sciences, Bhitshah|
|136||Sindh||Shaikh Ayaz University, Shikarpur|
|137||Sindh||Government College University, Hyderabad|
|138||Sindh||Dawood University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi|
|139||Sindh||Begum Nusrat Bhutto Women University, Sukkur|
|140||Sindh||The Sindh Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Karachi|
|141||Sindh||Aror University of Art, Architecture, Design and Heritage, Sukkur|